New deadline for applications: 28 September 2022
NOTICE - INVITATION
The Department of Medicine of the School of Health Sciences of the University of Thessaly invites interested parties to apply for the Master's Program "Biology of Reproduction - Biomarkers in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Perinatal Medicine", for academic year 2022-2023.
Attending the PMS aims beyond the acquisition of the master's degree to the acquisition of a scientific training that entails the creation of professional opportunities in the fields of Women's Health Care related to the Biology of Reproduction, the laboratory measurement of Biomarkers for all diseases of Obstetrics and Gynecology but also knowledge of Perinatal Medicine in the private or public sector.
The following are admitted to the Master's Program (M.S.):
- Graduates of the Departments of Medicine, Health Sciences (Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing) of the national HEIs or affiliated Institutions abroad.
- Graduates of the Departments of the Schools of Positive Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacy) of the national HEIs or affiliated Institutions abroad.
- Graduates of T.E.I. of a related subject who wish to engage in future professional engagement with issues of women's health care and in particular with the techniques of Assisted Reproduction, but also familiarize themselves with the use and measurement of Biomarkers in Obstetrics and Gynecology, issues of Prenatal Control and Genetic Counseling and Perinatal Medicine.
The duration of studies for the awarding of the Postgraduate Diploma is defined in two (2) semesters starting in October 2022. In the 1st semester (winter), 150 teaching hours are carried out of which 12 are laboratory exercises and in the 2nd semester (spring), there are 130 hours of teaching, which are divided into 112 hours of lectures and 18 hours of laboratory exercises. Additionally, as part of the Master's Program, hours of practical laboratory training are carried out in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic as well as in the Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Laboratory of the University of Thessaly. Students practice all Assisted Reproduction techniques, but also familiarize themselves with laboratory techniques used to measure Biomarkers in Obstetrics and Gynecology, issues of Prenatal Control and Genetic Counseling and Perinatal Medicine. The course concludes with a three-month period of 12 weeks for the preparation, writing and presentation of a master's thesis.
Course attendance is mandatory.
Interested graduate students are invited to submit the following supporting documents to the Graduate Program Secretariat:
- Application for candidacy (provided by the PMS website www.med.uth.gr/msc.rbb-obg and the website of the Department of Medicine www.med.uth.gr).
- Copy of degree or certificate that the candidate has fulfilled his educational obligations. In the case of foreign university graduates, a certificate of recognition from DOATAP must be submitted
- Copy of Detailed score of all undergraduate courses together with the thesis score
- Short curriculum vitae with details of the candidate's studies, research and professional experience (with relevant evidence)
- Postgraduate certificates or diplomas, if any
- Evidence of participation in research activities, if available
- Two letters of recommendation from University or TEI Professors or A' researchers of recognized national or foreign research centers
- Diploma or certificate of proficiency in the English language mandatory and other foreign languages optional. In special cases, language proficiency will be judged by the Selection Committee
- Photocopy of both sides of the police ID
- Two recent ID photos
- Declaration of Law 1599/86 "that all supporting documents are exact copies of the originals"
The Selection Committee will invite to an interview those of the candidates who meet the formal requirements. The interviews will be held at the Department's headquarters. The Selection Committee will take into account the general degree grade, the score in the relevant P.M.S. undergraduate courses, Postgraduate certificates or diplomas, any research or professional activity, two letters of recommendation and the certificate of proficiency in English and other foreign languages.
The tuition fees for the Master's Program amount to 1500 euros per semester, with the exception of students who fall under the provisions of article 35 (par.1,2,3) of Law 4485/17 in a percentage of up to 30% of the admitted students.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS From 01/07/2022 to 28/09/2022
Sending the Documents:
- Electronics to the address: email@example.com
- By courier to:
Larissa University Hospital,
Office of Professor Mr. Alexandros Daponte, 2nd floor, Office 19, 41110 Larissa
Attention Mr. Sofia Karyotou, Mr. Georgia Kokka,
For more information, interested parties can refer to the PMS website: https://www.med.uth.gr/msc.rbb-obg or contact the Secretariat at 2413502795/2413502796 (Monday - Friday 10.00-13.00), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of P.M.S.
Alexandros I. Daponte, MD (Thessaloniki), Dr Med (LMU Munich), FCOG (SA)
Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology